...Providing useful information and educational resources to promote agricultural safety.
- Farming is one of the most dangerous occupations in the United States.
- Agriculture has the highest rate of occupational fatalities of any industry...more than five times
the annual rate for all workers.
- Children are at special risk from farm-related accidents.
- According to the UK Kentucky Injury Prevention & Research Center, there were 179 Kentucky farm
fatalities during the five-year period of 1994-1998. That's an average of almost 36 farming deaths
per year. Of these, the largest single source was 104 tractor-related deaths, including 71 from
- The death rate in Kentucky agriculture is two to three times higher than the national average,
primarily because of our high number of tractor and tractor overturn deaths.